ISEC 2017-2018 Strategic Plan
2016 Theme “Design Considerations Space Elevator Communications”
2017 Theme – “Design Considerations for Space Elevator Simulation”
2018 Theme – “Design Considerations for Multi-Stage Space Elevator”
- Establish and support ISEC Vision
- Establish and support ISEC Strategy
- Organize and conduct the 2017 [& 18] annual Space Elevator Conferences including posters
- Conduct a year-long study investigating critical issue for space elevators and produce a study report
- Increase our Professional & Student membership and go ‘outside the circle’ and recruit additional Corporate sponsorship
- Strengthen Organization – a way to judge progress
- Maintain a Social Media presence
- Continue and enhance History Committee activities
- Continue and enhance Research Committee activities
- Develop excellent relationship with Japanese Space Elevator Association
- Consider a ISEC CLIMB Journal and Via Ad Astra Magazine when appropriate
- Consider Sponsoring and organizing the Artsutanov and Pearson prizes
- Develop excellent relationship with EuroSpaceward Foundation
Tasks to accomplish / finalize
- Develop the 2016 ISEC Study Comm Arch – Pete & Dennis
- Support University of Cincinnati Nanotube Conference – Bryan Laubscher – On going each year.
- Support Science Fest at the Seattle Museum of Flight Event – David Horn
- Continue EuroSpaceward representation – Martin Lades.
- Support IAA Space Elevator Activities – Peter Swan– In process.
- Improve and Maintain website – Mark Dodrill Kevin Forrest – Ongoing.
- Send out Monthly eNewsletters etc. Mark Dodrill
- Improve social media content “ISECdotORG” now on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr. Linked IN sites. Kevin, Mark, Sandy.
Other items to consider:
- Set up a Speakers Board
- Create 20 minute Space Elevator Basics Presentation, place under Configuration Management, and make available to all board members
- Re-energize Wiki Space Elevator items