Robo Climb 2018 and the Family Science Fest – Saturday, August 18, 2018
Included with paid admission to the Museum of Flight
The ISEC Space Elevator Conference presents the eighth annual Family Science Fest on Saturday, August 18, 2018. This family-friendly event has something for everyone and you’ll have the entire museum to explore, top to bottom. Local companies, educational and service organizations and schools will offer hands-on activities, displays and demonstrations with the focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Roam the museum’s Side Gallery and watch teams compete in Robo Climb, a special robotics competition; learn about the Space Elevator and its importance to mankind at Space Elevator 101 and 201 presentations. Explore exhibits in the museum’s Great Gallery. This event is included in the Museum of Flight admission price.
Space Elevator Family Science Fest
Location: Museum of Flight, Side Gallery and Great Gallery
Date: Saturday, August 18, 2018
Time: 10 am to 5 pm
Cost: Included with Museum of Flight admission. There is no registration required for these activities and presentations. However, teams competing in the robotics challenge must register for the competition.
Planned activities include:
- Robo Climb – a competition for middle- and high-school level robotics teams to design, build, and program an autonomous, tether-climbing robot. Prizes will be awarded to the top-performing teams and for innovative robot design.
- Space Elevator 101 and 201 presentations
- 12:00 PM – 12:40 PM SE 101 – “An Introduction to the Space Elevator”
- 12:40 PM – 1:00 PM SE 101 Q&A
- 1:00 PM – 1:40 PM SE 201 – “Space Elevator Design Challenges and Usage Scenarios”
- 1:40 PM – 2:00 PM SE 201 Q&A
- More activities being planned, check back for details