The International Space Elevator Consortium (ISEC) invites you to join us in Seattle, Washington, USA and contribute to the latest research, knowledge, stimulating discussions, and exchange of ideas on space elevators at the 2019 ISEC Space Elevator Conference – August 16-18, 2019. The theme of this year’s conference is “Outreach and Early Experimentation Support.” Carbon nanotube, graphene, and strong materials research is also a very important topic that we continue to emphasize, and we encourage participation by materials science researchers on this exciting subject. Authors are invited to submit titles and abstracts of proposed papers for the conference by May 19, 2019.
Topics for papers should fall into these categories.
- Early Experimentation Support
- Space elevator impact on the future and public outreach to societal institutions; government, media, unions, the educational system, etc.
- Carbon nanotube, graphene, and other tensile strength research progress and other strong materials research relating to space elevators
- Science, engineering, and technology topics relating to space elevators
- Operations, maintenance, ROI, and other business and financial topics relating to space elevators
- Treaties, laws, insurability, and other legal issues and topics relating to space elevators
Submit your abstracts and papers to the Conference Management Tool (CMT) at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/ISECSEC2019/.
Authors are invited to submit titles and abstracts by 19-May-2019. Abstracts must be in English, no more than 5000 words, should state the purpose, result, and conclusion of the proposed paper with supporting figures where appropriate. Authors will be notified of acceptance to submit a corresponding paper within 10 days of abstract submission. For all submittals, please include the title, authors and affiliations, mail address, e-mail, and phone number of the corresponding author.
Please use the ISEC Conference Papers Template for your paper. Papers must be in English with the first full draft for review due by 30-Jun-2019. This is an informal checkpoint to make sure you are on track to have the paper ready for the conference. Final papers and presentations are due 09-Aug-2019 so that we can make them ready for conference attendees. PowerPoint or PDF formats are preferred for presentations.
Conference: August 16–18, 2019
Submission of Abstracts by May 19, 2019
Draft Papers Due: June 30, 2019
Final Papers and Presentations Due: August 09, 2019
Send your abstract, paper, and technical program inquiries to:
Conference Chair: David Horn (firstname.lastname@example.org)